Shuja Paul always wanted to be a Filmmaker. However, he was expected by his parents to be an Engineer, he fulfilled his parents dream before venturing on his Filmmaking journey. Shuja worked for a large Power and Automation corporation called ABB Inc. for ten years as a Global Product Manager. He traveled to over twenty-five countries while working for ABB Inc.
In 2009 Shuja decided to focus on Filmmaking, ending his engineering career.
Writer/Director “Tie the Knot” feature film streaming on Netflix
- Shuja’s extensive global business development career with ABB including travel to over twenty countries exposed him to the rich and the diverse cultures. His storytelling stems from the long-term relationships developed across the globe.
- Successfully developed cross-industry projects including Entertainment, and Alternative Energy.
- Provided media consulting services to Beijing Enlight Media, one of the largest film distribution and production company in China.
- Directed, ”Tie the Knot” ultra low budget feature film in a record twelve days, the cast includes Tara Reid and Omi Vaidya. Netflix acquired exclusive worldwide distribution of “Tie the Knot”.
- Directed feature documentary “Waiting to Explode” produced in Laos and Thailand.
- Wrote, Directed and Produced ultra low budget “Hollywood Diversity” TV pilot.
- Worked in front and behind the camera, recurring Co-Star on the HBO show “The Brink” starring Jack Black, Tim Robbins, guest Star on TNT show “Murder In The First”, supporting cast on LMN feature film “ Help, What’s Killing Me”.
- Provides Improv training for business and entertainment professionals.
- Shuja has a passion for aviation; he has a commercial pilot license.